Toddler Toys for Holiday 2020
Updated: Jun 29, 2021
One of my favorite things about the holidays is gift hunting for my kids. There’s no feeling quite like finding the perfect gift and watching their faces light up when they unwrap it.
More than just giving a gift, I really love when I can find a toy that’s not only fun for the kids, but also helps them learn or develop. Before becoming a mom, I thought a toy was just a toy - something that was fun to play with but not much more. Now I realize just how great a toy can be for developing motor skills, practicing speech, and teaching soft skills like patience and sharing.
As a blogger who loves creating shopping and gift guides, I’ve come to realize that there are some truly great options out there for toys that are both entertaining and educational for the kids + that I don’t mind having around the house. Enter, VTech®!
Designed for Long-Time Play
One of the things that first caught my eye about VTech® is that the toys are designed to grow with the kids. Many of their interactive toys are appropriate for kids starting as young as six months and progressing well into toddlerhood. Not only does this mean that my kids can use their VTech® toys for a longer time, but it means that they can play + learn together. It also means my kids who are 2.5 years apart in age can both enjoy some of the same toys!
Another feature that I love is that the toys have a music component, which my kids also love. Music helps their minds develop and keeps them engaged with the toy. A win-win for me, especially when I need a minute or two to drink my tea or answer an email.
What I’m Eyeing + Buying
When it comes to toys, VTech® has a huge variety of options available but there are five that have really caught my attention.
- The VTech® Explore and Crawl ElephantTM // I’m really excited about this one for Luca (age 10 months). One of the features I love the most is that since the elephant crawls along, it will help encourage Luca to scoot and crawl. Plus, it will be beyond adorable to watch him follow this little elephant around the house.
- The VTech® Snug-a-Bug Musical Critter // This is another one that is great for Luca. It’s perfect for floor play, the car seat, or for chewing (hello, teething!). I love that it’s plush all over with no additional pieces, so I don’t have to worry about him swallowing any small bits.
- The VTech® Count and Win Sports CenterTM // When I saw this, I immediately thought of Brody (age 5) but honestly I think Isla (age 3) would have a ball with it, too (pun intended). Not only will this help with their motor skills - especially Isla’s fine motor skills - but it will also be a great tool to work on Brody’s math skills. I also love that it’s a toy that they can play with together and improve different skills at the same time.
- The VTech® Write & Learn Creative CenterTM // A toy that’s also super educational? Sign me up! This tablet will be the perfect way for Isla to practice her lines + will be a great companion for Brody’s penmanship exercises. I love that it also has a demo feature, and can show the kids how to write letters or even their whole name. This will also be great for car trips.
- The VTech® Jiggle & Giggle Fishing SetTM // This adorable fishing set is a great toy for multiple kiddos to play with at once, encouraging sharing and taking turns. I also love that all of the smaller pieces can be stored in the bucket when playtime is over. This is a huge hit in our house!
One | The VTech® Snug-a-Bug Musical Critter // Two | The VTech® Explore and Crawl ElephantTM // Three | The VTech® Jiggle & Giggle Fishing SetTM // Four | The VTech® Count and Win Sports CenterTM // Five | The VTech® Write & Learn Creative CenterTM
Which VTech® toys do you have on your shopping list this year?
Mandy Roberson is a certified childbirth educator, mom of 3 and founder of Momma Society--the community for modern moms. She loves holidays and making memories with her children. In her free time you will find her crafting and creating fun printables for Magic Playbook--a monthly digital subscription for moms.